Re: [exim] userName@host.biz cannot be resolved at this time…

Author: Andreas Metzler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] userName@host.biz cannot be resolved at this time: lowest numbered MX record points to local host
Jeremy Harris <jgh@???> wrote:
> On 08/09/14 07:21, Dave Myers wrote:
>> david.myers@??? cannot be resolved at this time: lowest
>> numbered MX record points to local host

> Dealing with this is a Debian-specific question.

[...]

Hello,

I do not think so, our configuration does not include a "my_domains
router".

Dave, is the address supposed to be routed by the my_domains router?

It looks like it is suppoed to be, but since the lookup for david.myers
fails, exim tries to deliver the mail externally. Trying that exim
finds out that it is supposed to handle the handle the address itself
(due to the MX record) and throws a helpful error message.

cu Andreas

so grateful to you.'