Re: [exim] Heuristic analysis of mail delivieres

Author: Klaus Ethgen
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Heuristic analysis of mail delivieres
Hi,

Am Mo den 8. Sep 2014 um 17:45 schrieb lee:
> > I run a outgoing mail system that has quite some mails over the day. As
> > the mails are generated by scripts (a shop application) it is difficult
> > to detect irregular stuff.
>
> What do you consider irregular?

Well, there are patterns over the day that repeats from one day to
another. The problem is that it are patterns and no concrete values.

> Do you handle bounces appropriately?

I have to handle only the bounces I create myself due to for example the
target host refuses that mail for some reason.

At the moment I do not take that into the account as it is very low rate
that can be handled with simple limits.

Regards
Klaus

Ps. No need to answer to me _and_ the list. I am reading the list
    regularly.
- --
Klaus Ethgen                              http://www.ethgen.ch/
pub  4096R/4E20AF1C 2011-05-16   Klaus Ethgen <Klaus@???>
Fingerprint: 85D4 CA42 952C 949B 1753  62B3 79D0 B06F 4E20 AF1C