Re: [exim] Is there any way to get exim to display the exapn…

Author: Ritchie P. Fraser
To: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [exim] Is there any way to get exim to display the exapnded list returned from a pgsql lookup? {Scanned}
Hi Phil,

I don't think you were at all rude. In fact, you were consise and provided just the answer I was looking for, and I thank you :-)

I had in the mean time been playing with....
    condition     = ${lookup pgsql{SELECT name FROM maildomains WHERE name='$domain' AND status='t';}{yes}{no}}
...which, if a single match is returned from the database evaluates to true/yes and if no rows returned is evaluated to false/no.

I have since also tried out your suggestion of using match_domain

          condition     = ${if match_domain{$domain}{+our_sql_maildomains} {yes}{no}}

but get the following
$ exim -bh 192.168.0.115
...helo and mail from...
rcpt to: joeblow@???
>>> ourcompany.com in ": ourcompany.co.uk
>>> ourcompany.biz
>>> ourcompany.ltd.biz
>>> ourcompany.co
>>> ourcompany.com
>>> ourcompany.info
>>> ourcompany.ltd.info
>>> ourcompany.ltd.net
>>> ourcompany.org
>>> ourcompany.ltd.org
>>> ourcompany.ltd.co.uk
>>> ourcompany.me.uk
>>> ourcompany.ltd.me.uk
>>> ourcompany.org.uk
>>> ourcompany.ltd.org.uk"? no (end of list)
>>> ourcompany.com in "+our_sql_maildomains"? no (end of list)
>>> check condition = ${if match_domain{$domain}{+our_sql_maildomains} {yes}{no}}
>>>                 = no
>>> accept: condition test failed in ACL "acl_check_rcpt"

So the expansion of +our_sql_maildomains IS calling postgresql AND executing the query AND returning a list of the company domain names AND doing the comparison which is all brilliant, but for whatever reason didn't match the domain :-(

Not sure if my sql query needs a tweek to return the domain list formatted differently or add crlf on end of needle or something else.... I'm not too worried about this though as I have a working exim config with the "${lookup pgsql{SELECT...}}"

Kind Regards

Ritchie