Re: [exim] No '550' error code in 'Unrouteable address' boun…

Author: Jasen Betts
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] No '550' error code in 'Unrouteable address' bounce message
On 2013-12-12, Konstantin Boyandin <lists@???> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I noticed that Exim 4.72's default configuration doesn't include 550
> error code when sending bounce about unrouteable address.
>
> Is it possible to force sending error code? Is this behavior by design?

Where's this 550 supposed to come from? who is saying 550?
If it's not said, exim can't include it.

You possibly want "verify=recipient" in the RCPT acl

something like:

 require
    message = 550 unroutable domain <$host_name>
    verify = recipient

although last week I encountered some software that didn't like that at all.
and still, that's not sending a bounce.

--
For a good time: install ntp