[exim] Anyone using platform without 64-bit integers?

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Exim Users
New-Topics: [exim] Test code (Anyone using platform without 64-bit integers?)
Subject: [exim] Anyone using platform without 64-bit integers?
Folks,

We have to decide on how to resolve a coding issue in Exim, and there
are two fixes available. One fix adds a bunch of complexity. The other
fix just starts using 64-bit integers. I _think_, that as we approach
2014, we can now rely upon 64-bit integers being available, but we don't
want to leave a platform behind if it's still in use with Exim.

At present, there are two uses of 64-bit integers in Exim:

 (1) In the DKIM code, which can be disabled;
 (2) Encapsulated behind int_eximarith_t which can be redefined on a
     per-platform basis.

We do not ship with any redefinitions of int_eximarith_t, but someone
might be doing so in local packaging.

If our moving to rely upon 64-bit integers in the core of Exim would
cause problems for your being able to use Exim, please speak up and let
us know.

Thanks,
-Phil