Re: [exim-dev] Exim 4.82 RC1 uploaded

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Todd Lyons
CC: Exim Dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Exim 4.82 RC1 uploaded
On 2013-09-26 at 19:11 -0700, Todd Lyons wrote:
> I was notified offlist that someone was having problems with the
> latest released clamav-0.98. I am running clamav 0.98 on my server as
> well, watching to see if there are any issues that pop up. Thus far,
> nothing to report.

Did they explicitly say that they were trying the RC? If not, worth
checking, because some people will ask the person doing the RC to help
with their generic issues on the basis that the release engineer knows
the software.

If they're using the RC, then are they building with
WITH_OLD_CLAMAV_STREAM=yes in Exim? If so, get them to stop doing that.

The ClamAV release notes on the site are cursory, the latest version of
the doc PDF is not for their current release, I've not got time to look
more deeply into whatever ClamAV might have changed, but my initial
suspicion would be that the API extensions and new scan types mean that
the old deprecated scanning API has finally been actually removed.

If that is the case, then after 4.82 is out, we can remove the
WITH_OLD_CLAMAV_STREAM support from Exim.

Those are the avenues of investigation that come immediately to mind, if
you can't replicate locally.