Re: [exim] [exim-dev] Exim 4.82 RC1 uploaded

Author: Todd Lyons
To: Exim Dev, Exim Users
Subject: Re: [exim] [exim-dev] Exim 4.82 RC1 uploaded
On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 6:46 AM, Todd Lyons <tlyons@???> wrote:

> I have uploaded Exim 4.82 RC1 to
> ftp://ftp.exim.org/pub/exim/exim4/test/
>
> It has been over a year since a regular a release. The number of

In the email announcing intention to release, I mentioned that
pre-existing bug id's that were experimental features and had patches
already submitted, but had not been merged, were fair game to be added
during this RC process. There are two bug id's, 1031 and 1217, which
add experimental features. Since they are experimental features, the
code is not live for a standard build, so I am ok with merging these
early in this RC process. I am open to argument on this position.
But my intention is to merge 1031 and then 1217. I'll wait a few
days, see if there are any reports from anybody about RC1 issues, then
cut an RC2 early next week. The goal at that point is to let RC2 bake
for a while to allow testing of both those two experimental features
by the people who want it, and the rest of exim for anybody else.

For my testing, I have RC1 installed and running on one of my live
machines with DMARC and PRDR enabled. It's thus far running well.

I was notified offlist that someone was having problems with the
latest released clamav-0.98. I am running clamav 0.98 on my server as
well, watching to see if there are any issues that pop up. Thus far,
nothing to report.

...Todd