Re: [exim] What's the performance benchmark of Exim4?

Author: Mihamina Rakotomandimby
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] What's the performance benchmark of Exim4?
On 2013-08-15 13:56, Ian Eiloart wrote:
> I'm quite happy with processing and scanning (ClamAV and SpamAssassin) a million messages per day per host on this hardware. Our mailstores are not on this hardware - and that will make a big difference.

Clamav and SA are external programs that Exim just call and feed with
the messages.
Benchmarking Exim should be done without such 3rd party softwares.

BTW, many non-exim component could be the bottleneck:
- HDD (espacially if Exim is configured to deliver to filesystem)
- Network
- ...

My side, I'm happy with Exim performances, though not having a heavy usage.

--
RMA.