Re: [pcre-dev] New API for PCRE

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
著者: ph10
To: Giuseppe D'Angelo
CC: pcre-dev
題目: Re: [pcre-dev] New API for PCRE
On Sat, 8 Jun 2013, Giuseppe D'Angelo wrote:

> To be honest I don't see any problem at releasing a library with a
> brand new API and calling it PCRE 9.0... :-)

Well, at least the name of the library has to be different, so that
libpcre and libnpcre or libpcre2 (or whatever) can co-exist in the same
installation, because not all applications will switch at the same time.
If that's the only change - that is, if the function names remain the
same - there is a lot of scope for confusion. Changing the function
names could reduce the confusion.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel