Re: [exim] announce mailing list using postgresql - lookup o…

Author: Chris Siebenmann
To: Gary Stainburn
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] announce mailing list using postgresql - lookup only once
| I have set up a system on my server where I have a table of email
| addresses that are subscribed to an announce list.

| While I was researching this setup online I saw a reference to the
| fact that the database lookup would happen every time an announcement
| is sent. It also said that there was a config entry that would prevent
| this from happening, and the lookup would only be done the first time
| with recipient list being then stored by EXIM.

| However, having looked for this again I cannot find it. Can anyone
| help please.

You probably want the 'one_time' option to the redirect router. There
are restrictions on what sorts of generated addresses this can be used
with, but they're probably fine in your situation. You'll want to read
the documentation on this to make sure that it fits what you want.

(There are some other restrictions too, described in the documentation.)

    - cks