Re: [exim] configuration woes and the mysterious error messa…

Author: Dean Brooks
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] configuration woes and the mysterious error message
On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 05:02:33PM +0000, Osborne, Paul (paul.osborne@???) wrote:
> Afternoon,
>
> It has been one of those days where I am now beating my head against the
> desk, I am usually loathe to post config errors but this time I am in a
> fog of config all seemingly similar.
>
> I have an Exim config that fails to verify with:
>
> line 541 is the beginning of sasl auth config with is identical to other
> configs that I have:
> Is there something blindingly obvious that I am missing or is this going
> to be a case of a good night's sleep will clear the murk from my mind?
> Think I am suffering from a non helpful config parsing message and a
> stupid o'clock start.

I checked the source code, and the error of "missing error type" appears
to occur when its reading the retry section of the configuration file
(section 32 in the Exim spec).

I'm guessing there is a retry rule that has an error in it. Look for the
"begin retry" line in your config.

--
Dean Brooks
dean@???