Re: [exim-dev] logging of fakereject

Author: Ted Cooper
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] logging of fakereject
On 13/05/13 22:22, Jeremy Harris wrote:
> On 13/05/2013 09:21, Graeme Fowler wrote:
>> On Sun, 2013-05-12 at 16:02 +0100, Jeremy Harris wrote:
>>> Am I right that a fakereject still gets a "<=" line logged?
>>> Should we make it distinguishable in some way?
>> the message logging is perfectly
>> normal.
>>
>> I'm not 100% sure what you could do to change that, really...
>
> Well, we could do something like " <=F " rather than " <= ",
> perhaps, if enought people care. Or add a doc note.

I don't know if it's a normal thing or not, but none of my servers
deliver fake rejected emails to the same place as normal ones; they
always run through their own router/transport which makes them quite
obvious.

You can also use logwrite or similar to write your own line to the log
file which will have the same message id.

Changing the logfile format is always an issue. It's like changing a
well known and stable API. It certainly shouldn't break something as
fundamental as "<=".