Re: [exim] Special log after mail has been delivered

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Special log after mail has been delivered
Hello Klaus,

Klaus Ethgen <Klaus+exim@???> (Mo 06 Mai 2013 20:04:36 CEST):

> I need to write special logs to a database when the mail is received and
> after it has been (successful or not) delivered as well as when it
> bounces.

For the delivery we'd need a (generic) transport option, something
similiar to shadow_transport (shadow_transport only works for local
transports and the additional transport has to be local too),
probably some

    post_command = … $transport_status …

> For the first I can use a condition in acl to call a own embedded perl
> script that is doing the stuff. But for the other two logging issues I
> did not found any way to call a perl subroutine. The best I can archive
> is to have a condition in the router. But this gives me no way to see
> the status of the delivered mail.

Yes, because all these options are evaluated during transport setup.

> Do you see any way to do it?

You got the source …

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome --------------- key ID: 7CBF764A -
 gnupg fingerprint: 9288 F17D BBF9 9625 5ABC  285C 26A9 687E 7CBF 764A -
(gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B)-