Re: [exim-dev] release builds

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Jeremy Harris
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] release builds

Jeremy Harris wrote:
> I also needed to install the following Perl modules:
>     CSS/Minifier/XS.pm
>     File/Slurp.pm
>     JavaScript/Minifier/XS.pm
>     XML/LibXML.pm
>     XML/LibXSLT.pm

> for which I had to involve the epel repository and do
> custom rpm builds from source located using rpmfind
> (the Minifier modules).

Thats for the web build - I could make the two Minifier sets completely
optional fairly easily (you just get fatter pages). If I did that it
would work with or without those modules, but give a slightly different
result (which would render the same).

I was under the impression that File::Slurp was in core - but having
checked it is not actually a core module. Would be very easy to make a
slurp function to do the same job if people were bothered by the
additional dependancy.

Manipulating XML without the XML modules is just seriously masochistic
(manipulating XML at all is pretty masochistic), so they need to stay.

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham ------------------------------ nigel@??? ]
[                 Ellipsis Intangible Technologies                  ]