Re: [exim] Best method to deal with rejects by Barracuda?

Author: Emmanuel Noobadmin
To: W B Hacker
CC: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Best method to deal with rejects by Barracuda?
On 8/17/12, W B Hacker <wbh@???> wrote:
> There does not have to BE a 'culprit' under your control.
> Foolish or lazy admin at their end serves just as well.

That is true too, I had clients who get blocked because their modem
just got handed a dynamic PBL IP that Barracuda blacklisted.

> What works for me for Donkey's Years now is to bothway-LBL such servers
> as-encountered.

Sorry but googling didn't give up a relevant meaning of LBL. What is
it and how is that configured in exim?

> Anyone in the user-community behind such servers WILL also have a gmail,
> yahoo, or wotever account. They have to.
>
> They can use that to correspond with your users.
>
> End of problem.

Currently, that is what I tell my users as well as affected clients to
do but paying customers tend to be a little annoyed about having to do
that and often their tone indicates they think we're the one not doing
the proper thing.