Re: [exim] Best method to deal with rejects by Barracuda?

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Best method to deal with rejects by Barracuda?
Emmanuel Noobadmin wrote:
> Every so frequently, I get users who complain that their emails are
> getting rejected for unknown reasons by Barracuda. In almost all of
> these cases, no blacklists apart from Barracuda indicates there was
> any spamming/backscatter etc from the server in question. Since
> Barracuda does not provide any hint or info on what/who might be the
> culprit, there's no way for me to check/fix whichever user/domain that
> might be.
>
> The question is, apart from submitting to what amounts to a protection
> racket/extortion in my opinion and paying Barracuda/EmailReg a yearly
> fee to whitelist each and every single one of the server IPs, is there
> any better way to deal with these incidents?

There does not have to BE a 'culprit' under your control.
Foolish or lazy admin at their end serves just as well.

What works for me for Donkey's Years now is to bothway-LBL such servers
as-encountered.

Anyone in the user-community behind such servers WILL also have a gmail,
yahoo, or wotever account. They have to.

They can use that to correspond with your users.

End of problem.

Bill
--
韓家標