Re: [exim] Best method to deal with rejects by Barracuda?

Author: Emmanuel Noobadmin
To: Chris Knipe
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Best method to deal with rejects by Barracuda?
On 8/16/12, Chris Knipe <savage@???> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We use the Barracuda Web Proxy, and experienced similar issues. After
> a whole back and forth and ooh and aah... I have established, and
> hacked our Barracuda. Our Internal documentation around this matter
> reads:
>
> The short version of it, is that there are Blacklists on the unit
> which Barracuda hides, and that no customer has access too. The long
> version (and fix) below.

Thanks for the detailed reply, although it is not relevant to my
question since I don't (and won't ever) run a Barracuda device in any
place I have a say about. The problem is with people using Barracuda's
devices and causing problems for my users for no fault whatsoever that
I can identify.

My question is more towards whether there is a way to configure exim
somehow to get around the Barracuda blacklist, such as maybe rewriting
headers or consolidating all outgoing emails via some intermediate
proxy within my network.