Re: [exim] sending to only one domain per connection

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Graeme Fowler
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] sending to only one domain per connection
On 2012-06-27 at 15:55 +0100, Graeme Fowler wrote:
> No, but I don't see that we need to. This only seems to be active on
> servers under the name aspmx.l.google.com; in the same session Exim
> falls back to the other MX records for the domain(s) in question and
> send the remaining messages down that connection instead.

Hrm. It seems like multi_domain should be expanded so we can write:

  domainlist singleton_servers = *.google.com
  # ...
  remote_smtp:
    multi_domain = ${if match_domain{$host}{+singleton_servers} {yes}{no}}

but the way the code is written now, we set multi_domain early and use
it later in making decisions, such as picking the data structure which
contains the host list that will be used to set $host. Although
same_hosts() should protect us against that.

It will need more thought (and I don't have time right now) rather than
diving in, but this seems like it might be worth pursuing.

-Phil