Re: [exim] sending to only one domain per connection

Author: Dennis Davis
To: Marius Stan
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] sending to only one domain per connection
On Tue, 26 Jun 2012, Marius Stan wrote:

> From: Marius Stan <mstan@???>
> To: exim-users@???
> Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 13:59:28
> Subject: [exim] sending to only one domain per connection
>
> I guess you're already aware of the new limits imposed by
> google-hosted mail servers:
> "Multiple destination domains per transaction is unsupported"

Nope, not seen this before.

> This caused a LOT of bounces lately and I still haven't figured
> out what to do...
>
> Any ideas on some transport/driver magic ?

What do they mean by "transaction"?

I've never tried this, but will setting:

multi_domain = false

on the appropriate smtp transport do what you want?

You may also need:

connection_max_messages = 1

if they're restricting a transaction to a single message per TCP/IP
connection.

...all sounds a bit primitive to me.  Perhaps they should be using
exim as their smtp server...
--
Dennis Davis, BUCS, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
D.H.Davis@???               Phone: +44 1225 386101