Re: [exim] sending to only one domain per connection

Author: Graeme Fowler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] sending to only one domain per connection
On Tue, 2012-06-26 at 15:59 +0300, Marius Stan wrote:
> I guess you're already aware of the new limits imposed by google-hosted mail servers:
> "Multiple destination domains per transaction is unsupported"
> This caused a LOT of bounces lately and I still haven't figured out what to do...
>
> Any ideas on some transport/driver magic ?

No, but I don't see that we need to. This only seems to be active on
servers under the name aspmx.l.google.com; in the same session Exim
falls back to the other MX records for the domain(s) in question and
send the remaining messages down that connection instead.

Although this is not strictly RFC compliant behaviour I have not seen it
actually cause any problems whatsoever - perhaps a one or two second
delay in delivery to Google, that's all.

I think I'll ask our work Google Apps contacts about it, see what they
say.

Graeme