Re: [exim-dev] Exim sieve capabilities and pysieved

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Phil Pennock
Para: Philippe Levan
CC: exim-dev@exim.org, Michael Haardt, Neale Pickett
Asunto: Re: [exim-dev] Exim sieve capabilities and pysieved
On 2012-06-07 at 10:15 -0400, Philippe Levan wrote:
> On 06/04/12 01:44 PM, Phil Pennock wrote:
> > On 2012-06-04 at 12:18 -0400, Philippe Levan wrote:
> >> Does the 2nd item vary ? I thought it was always $HOME/.forward.
> >
> > That's a very common convention, but not so common that it should be
> > hardcoded as more than a default.
>
> OK, so what would the pysieved administrator need to specify
> in order to get to the information that is needed ?
>
> The location of the exim binary and the name of the router that
> uses the .forward ?
>
> From there, we should be able to query exim to get that information
> based on the work Phil is doing. We just need to know what command(s)
> to use.

I think that rather than the name of the router, it's better to just be
able to configure a path; if the path does not start with a / then it is
relative to the user's home directory, otherwise provide an escape
sequence to permit the usercode to be embedded.

The router uses an *expanded* string for the .forward. It might, for
instance, be something which can reference .forward-internal vs
.forward-external. Whatever it does is limited only by the insanity of
the configuration maintainer.

".forward" is a very reasonable default which will be correct at least
98% of the time.

Perhaps the path, the exim binary, and any extensions not available
because they've been disabled or not-enabled? Make the "not available"
default to "vacation"? That has the benefit of highlighting to the
administrator that they're not supporting something which they might
easily be supporting.

-Phil