Re: [exim] Exim 4.8 build issue

Author: Janne Snabb
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim 4.8 build issue
On 2012-06-05 11:36, George R. Kasica wrote:
> Just because its a linux from scratch system doesn't make it a kludge.

I apologize if the following sounds harsh, but it is not intended that
way and I think it is the reality of things:

If you are unable troubleshoot simple compilation problems yourself, you
would be much better off running some common Linux distribution and not
insist on running this ancient kludge which you can not manage. Pick
some distribution which has a long release lifetime, such as
RHEL/SL/CentOS or Ubuntu LTS release. You will have much less problems
in future that way. People will be also able to help you much more
(because other people will have systems running the same setup unlike in
your "from scratch" case).

The problems which you are just now experiencing will only increase over
time as new software versions begin to expect modern features from the
surrounding infrastructure. If you still insist on hitting your head
against the wall, here is one free clue:

Add the missing defines in the Exim linux header file and it will
probably just work. You can just cut and paste them from the header
files of some non-ancient Linux distro. Repeat until you have everything
covered and the compilation succeeds.

You can not expect other people to hand-hold you for free in a situation
like this.

--
Janne Snabb / EPIPE Communications
snabb@??? - http://epipe.com/