Re: [exim] Commas in redirect data

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Chris Wilson
CC: exim-users, Chris Wilson
Subject: Re: [exim] Commas in redirect data
On 2011-06-24 at 09:32 +0100, Chris Wilson wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Jun 2011, Phil Pennock wrote:
> > redmine:
> > local_part_suffix = -redmine
> > driver = accept
> > transport = redmine_pipe
> > # after "begin transports"
> >
> > redmine_pipe:
> > driver = pipe
> > command = /bin/echo foo,bar
> > return_output
> >
> > That works and avoids using a "redirect" to handle an "accept" via an
> > intermediate shim.
> >
> > I'll look into the parse issue you note, but I'm not likely to have time
> > to do so until at least the weekend, so this will just go on a list for
> > later investigation.
>
> That's great, thank you!

So, er, it has been a little longer than expected; I worked through my
todo list and saw this item.

The behaviour is not a bug, but I'll add a warning note to the docs.

Remember that when you supply the data in the configuration file, quotes
delimit strings and are stripped off. The quotes from the documentation
need to be present when the rule is parsed.

This works:
data = "\"|/bin/echo foo,bar\""

-Phil