Re: [exim] Log Spamassassin Rejects

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Log Spamassassin Rejects
Brian Spraker wrote:
> Hi all -
>
> Another question for the group.
>
> I've increasingly been rejecting good messages and am trying to find
> out why. However, when looking at the rejectlog, it mentions why it
> was rejected (spam points) - but it doesn't show me how the e-mail
> qualified with that many points.
>
> Is there a way in Exim to set it so that it will log all of the rules
> that matched the e-mail into the rejectlog - indicating how the
> message got to that point level?
>
> Trying to look up information from the spamassassin website - and
> they mention a logging module to add to the local.cf file - but it
> doesn't seem to do anything different.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Brian S.

It is actually an SA config issue, though you can make Exim a player.

- You decide in SA's conf;

-- what format and detail you want in the way of a 'report'

-- what detail you want in SA's own logging.

- You decide in Exim's acl's etc ..

-- whether you want that SA report *at all*

-- would prefer to work only with the final score integer

-- or want to generate a custom summary header message of your own.

Personally, I prefer to keep 'report' to half a line, tell the rejection
message nada, put SA's spew in its own log, then 'go fetch' manually
based on timestamp and message ID... IF, and only IF .. I was forced to
do so.

I don't really see the point in telling a spammer what he should improve
on for better luck next time, nor pushing an end-users message-body
off-screen with huge headers they don't want or understand.

YMMV,

Bill
--
韓家標