Re: [pcre-dev] pcre_fullinfo with PCRE_INFO_JITSIZE fails wi…

Author: Ralf Junker
To: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] pcre_fullinfo with PCRE_INFO_JITSIZE fails with SVN 921
On 20.02.2012 17:54, Philip Hazel wrote:

> I don't think you should return success unless you have done everything
> the user asked, so I guess you should return fail. However, I don't feel
> strongly enough to object to the other way of doing it, as long as the
> user can find out what has happened. So there would need to be some
> flags somewhere indicating which modes have succeeded and which have
> failed.

Rethinking this, I believe it is useful to know in advance if JIT will
be applied, for example to warn users of potentially slow(er) performance.

This could be achieved if pcre_study() returns an error if the requested
study could not be performed. If so, I agree with Philips all or nothing
check.

Ralf