Re: [pcre-dev] pcre_fullinfo with PCRE_INFO_JITSIZE fails wi…

Author: Zoltán Herczeg
To: Ralf Junker, pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] pcre_fullinfo with PCRE_INFO_JITSIZE fails with SVN 921
Hi,

yeah, it is a typo, thanks for reporting it. I am really grateful that you continually test PCRE!

pcre_jit_compile.c:7146

return ((executable_functions *)executable_funcs)->executable_sizes[PCRE_STUDY_JIT_COMPILE];

PCRE_STUDY_JIT_COMPILE should be JIT_COMPILE

However, since now we have 3 code sizes, perhaps we should rethink the returned values for pcre_full_info()

1) Handling out-of-memory situations: What should happen if some (not all) compilation phase is failed because out-of-memory was occured. For example study is called with PCRE_STUDY_JIT_COMPILE and PCRE_STUDY_JIT_PARTIAL_HARD_COMPILE and only the first one is successful because there is not enough memory for the second compilation. At the moment we return with a successful compilation, although the hard partial matching will be done by interpreter. Is this behaviour ok or shall we free the first one as well and return with fail?

2) Shall PCRE_INFO_JITSIZE return with the sum of all code sizes or just the size of the function for normal matching? Shall we introduce other size getters for the other compilation modes?

Regards,
Zoltan

Ralf Junker <ralfjunker@???> írta:
>With SVN 921, pcre_fullino() and pcre16_fullinfo() with>

PCRE_INFO_JITSIZE always return 0. PCRE_INFO_SIZE still returns expected>
values. JIT is successfully compiled in as PCRE_INFO_JIT returns 1 as>
expected.>

Can someone confirm this regression?>

Ralf>

-- >