Re: [exim] verify is user exists

Author: Klaus Ethgen
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] verify is user exists

Hi Member,

Am Di den 14. Feb 2012 um 13:35 schrieb member horvath:
> I need to reject mail to unknown users.
> I have a server acting as an anti spam gateway running exim4.  I pull
> a list of users from the main mailserver and  want exim to read this
> list and reject mail if the user is not in the list.
> I have placed the following as an acl in my config:
> deny    domains       = +local_domains
>         recipients    = !lsearch;/etc/exim/valid-recipients
>         message       = Unknown user

> This is a config I've used often on redhat based distros but I am now
> running exim4 (split config) on a debian distro and it's just not
> working and I must be honest I'm having a hard time understanding just
> how things are done the "debian way".
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions how I can get this to work?

You should learn to use »update-exim.conf«.

However, beside that way you always are able to use a not splitted
configuration by providing /etc/exim4/exim4.conf. You can also configure
Debian to use non splitted configuration. For more please see the man
page of update-exim.conf.

Regards
   Klaus (who really love the split configuration)
--
Klaus Ethgen                              http://www.ethgen.ch/
pub  4096R/4E20AF1C 2011-05-16   Klaus Ethgen <Klaus@???>