Re: [exim] Rate limit Outgoing mail based on recipient domai…

Author: Sam Darwin
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Rate limit Outgoing mail based on recipient domain
I hope this is added to the following thread: *Author: *Lena *Date: *
Outgoing mail based on recipient domain

Firstly, I wonder if anyone else has further feedback about rate limiting
outgoing mail.   It seems that serialize_hosts is an all or nothing
proposal.     It would be better to limit outgoing connections in a fine
grained way , such as to 5 connections maximum.    Such a setting doesn't
exist.    Could there be a request to add such a setting?

Secondly, there is at least one report here (
http://forums.cpanel.net/f34/outbound-mail-throttling-213861.html#post1076581 )
which says that Lena's solution doesn't work , and that messages are
"dumped".