[exim] verify is user exists

Author: member horvath
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] verify is user exists
Hi,

I need to reject mail to unknown users.
I have a server acting as an anti spam gateway running exim4.  I pull
a list of users from the main mailserver and  want exim to read this
list and reject mail if the user is not in the list.
I have placed the following as an acl in my config:
deny    domains       = +local_domains
        recipients    = !lsearch;/etc/exim/valid-recipients
        message       = Unknown user

This is a config I've used often on redhat based distros but I am now
running exim4 (split config) on a debian distro and it's just not
working and I must be honest I'm having a hard time understanding just
how things are done the "debian way".

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can get this to work?