Re: [exim] redirect question

Author: jb
To: John Burnham
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: Re: [exim] redirect question
Thanks for answering me a while, back, i took a break into trying to
resolve it, I'm still stuck as to where I can find clear documentation
on this, I tried looking into what you mentioned but it doesn't add up
because exim is supposed to be setup to authenticate as part of the
user(I know this is possible).. Jdoe has to be in a way mapped to
vlgrbnz(email credential login) which exim does by impersonating jdoe's
login..

I'll try to rephrase something which I didn't address clearly.

I have a user jdoe on a lan system.

<Jdoe on LanMachine 192.168.x.x> <---> <smtp of isp.net>

^ Basically that's my setup, exim is running on lanmachine..
My Lanmachine is not servicing anything to the internet, so this
basically means I'll have to setup something on Lanmachine to
'fetchmail' for jdoe(i'll look into something for this later).

Where i'm stuck is how do I setup exim to authenticate on behalf for
jdoe for sending mail from jdoe. (Jdoe will be sending mail from the
lanmachine so right now i'm hoping the rule not to be too complex)

email username:vlgrbnz
email password:AlphaNumberic1
(fictitious credentials, just to point out the concept that the actual
email username isn't jdoe)

Exim would have to act as a client on behalf of jdoe, logging in with
these email credentials to some "smtp.isp.net:587" service..

This is my first step, and I'm very stuck :( .. If someone can shed a
light on how I can approach this, it would be great.. as for it being
debian or not.. don't worry.. debian allows to use a flat configuration
file, and i first intend to try to set it up in a non-split
configuration ..(debian allows to use a traditional flat configuration
file, it says so in it's documentation)

This sounds hard, but I know it shouldn't be provided I know what ruling
keywords I should be using in the configuration setup.. I'm pretty new
to this so please bear with me. Thanks for any feedback, greatly
appreciate it..