Re: [exim] usage/popularity of Exim

Góra strony
Autor: Alan McConnell
Dla: Andreas Metzler
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] usage/popularity of Exim
On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 08:04:49PM +0100, Andreas Metzler wrote:

> Iirc Ubuntu's default MTA has always been postfix, not exim. This is
> one point where Ubuntu and Debian differ.

      It should be pointed out that AFAIK all the main Linux
      distributions make it easy to switch from sendmail to exim to
      postfix to ??   Which is of course good.

      I am an expert in none of the above.  But I have used exim,
      but wound up with postfix; I forget why.  IMHO sendmail is
      ridiculous.  The configuration process is so arcane that one
      has to use another arcane language, m4, to do it!  Jeez.

Now: can we have a nice debate about whether vi or emacs is better?
We'll allow fans of pico/nano and jed to speak up, OK?

Best wishes to all!

Alan, in Silver Spring MD

--
Alan McConnell :  http://patriot.net/users/alan
       We do not know one millionth of one percent about anything.(Edison)