Re: [exim] usage/popularity of Exim

Góra strony
Autor: Graeme Fowler
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] usage/popularity of Exim
On Tue, 2012-01-24 at 14:28 +0100, Klaus Ethgen wrote:
> I like the statistic from security space[0] for obvious reason ;-)

...which shows the rise of Ubuntu as an installed server OS, and
WHM/cPanel as hosting control panels - all of which use Exim by default.

There's good reason for that choice having been made, but it is not one
made by most of the admins involved - it's been pre-selected for them.

Notably however Exim is now not installed in RHEL6 (and therefore
CentOS6); it is included in the EPEL repository and can be chosen, but
the default is Postfix. I doubt that will contribute greatly.

For me "it's really popular" is not a massive consideration when looking
at software. "We can make it do what we need it to" overrides
everything.

Graeme