Re: [exim] usage/popularity of Exim

Author: Duane Hill
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] usage/popularity of Exim
On Tuesday, January 24, 2012 at 14:49:36 UTC, nigel@??? confabulated:

> On 24 Jan 2012, at 14:25, Klaus Ethgen wrote:

>> Postfix is much less flexible than exim. However, I like to suggest
>> postfix for not expert users if they ask for an MTA as the possibility
>> for harm is smaller.

> Without wanting to get into any form of shouting/slagging match, the
> bit that worried/intrigued me was the very high (relatively) figure
> for postfix open relays
> http://www.mailradar.com/mailstat/mta/Postfix.html?mid=4
> http://www.mailradar.com/mailstat/open-relay/

> Sendmail is rather better than exim on this one, but both are well
> below the figures for postfix (and you want low figures).

Doesn't worry me. It just shows me there are servers out there that
were not configured properly. By design, most MTA software comes
pre-configured as not being open relays. It's whoever does the
configuring who made the mistake, not the software.

--
If at first you don't succeed...
...so much for skydiving.