Re: [exim] usage/popularity of Exim

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] usage/popularity of Exim

On 24 Jan 2012, at 14:25, Klaus Ethgen wrote:

> Postfix is much less flexible than exim. However, I like to suggest
> postfix for not expert users if they ask for an MTA as the possibility
> for harm is smaller.

Without wanting to get into any form of shouting/slagging match, the
bit that worried/intrigued me was the very high (relatively) figure
for postfix open relays
http://www.mailradar.com/mailstat/mta/Postfix.html?mid=4
http://www.mailradar.com/mailstat/open-relay/

Sendmail is rather better than exim on this one, but both are well
below the figures for postfix (and you want low figures).

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham ------------------------------ nigel@??? ]
[                 Ellipsis Intangible Technologies                  ]