[exim] redirect question

Author: jagginess
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] redirect question
is it possible to redirect a rewrite outgoing?

I read that redirect is used for incoming, but can I use it for outgoing?

I'm trying to send mail using /etc/email-aliases
username of the system is ->"johndoe"
email alias in /etc/email-aliases(debian)-> "johndoe: jdoe934@???"

I know the incorrect "router" is being used. It uses "driver = dnslookup" and this router uses transport "remote_smtp", in remote_smtp there's nothing about something of using port 587, which I'm trying to use.. (this port doesn't use any TLS, it uses plaintext password authentication)

I've been on and off about this and even bought the book on exim.
If anyone knows what keywords I should be using that would be great.. If this is possible then I'm guessing it's possible to redirect aliases(or is this a rewrite?) for outgoing ..

Basically I want johndoe to send an email from debian.localdomain, have his FROM: field rewritten to jdoe934@???, and have passwd.client used against mail.isp.net used for his plaintext authentication..(i'm not worrying about incoming atm)

i'm also a little confused about passwd.client -- the documentation doesn't mention if you can use another port besides port 25.. anyone knows if this can this be used? -> "mail.isp.net::587:VLWNNDGX:mysecretpasswd"

I hope this isn't a little confusing.. but I'm acquainting to using commands like exim -bt and exim -bp to help troubleshoot.. There is activity but on the wrong port and I have no idea how to tell if the user aliasing/rewriting is taking place.

(exim edition is v4.72)
debian platform command gives me this output (though I use debian, I understand the broad general form configuration format that exim natively uses -- debian outputs it in /var/lib/exim/config.autogenerated)

"
# exim -bV
Exim version 4.72 #1 built 12-May-2011 18:13:11
Copyright (c) University of Cambridge, 1995 - 2007
Berkeley DB: Berkeley DB 4.8.30: (April 9, 2010)
Support for: crypteq iconv() IPv6 GnuTLS move_frozen_messages DKIM
Lookups: lsearch wildlsearch nwildlsearch iplsearch cdb dbm dbmnz dnsdb dsearch nis nis0 passwd
Authenticators: cram_md5 plaintext
Routers: accept dnslookup ipliteral manualroute queryprogram redirect
Transports: appendfile/maildir/mailstore autoreply lmtp pipe smtp
Fixed never_users: 0
Size of off_t: 8
GnuTLS compile-time version: 2.8.6
GnuTLS runtime version: 2.8.6
Configuration file is /var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated
"