Re: [exim] Archiving Problems

Author: Chris Wilson
To: Dean Bishop
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Archiving Problems
Hi Dean,

On Sat, 3 Dec 2011, Dean Bishop wrote:

>     At the end of the day, thanks to the list, I have what I consider
> to be a workable solution.  I've resolved the NDR and exim log error
> message issue.  The one outstanding issue is the duplication of outgoing
> archived messages when a message is sent from a local account to a local
> alias.

Why so complicated? Why two routers?

The problem seems to be that when a message is directed to an alias, each
expansion of the alias is passed down the entire router stack again,
resulting in duplicates for each one. (If I misunderstood this, please
ignore the rest of this email).

You can avoid this by setting redirect_router on all your redirect
routers, setting it to the router after incoming_archiver, like this:

begin routers

outgoing_archiver: ...

incoming_archiver: ...

dnslookup:
# or whatever your next router is

aliases:
     driver = redirect
     data = ${lookup{$local_part}wildlsearch{/etc/exim/domains/$domain}}
     # this is the important part:
     # don't archive redirected emails again!
     redirect_router = dnslookup

Cheers, Chris.
--
\  __/ / ,__(_)_  | Chris Wilson <chris+sig@???> Cambs UK |