Re: [exim] Archiving Problems

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Archiving Problems
Dean Bishop wrote:
> Hallelujah!!! I've almost got it!

*snip* details...

>> Is there a better way to test to ensure that the email
>> account/alias exists that won't generate this sort of error?

Been trying to keep my mouf shut, but all the while wondering why your
acl_smtp_rcpt woudn't have rejected traffic for an account you can't
deliver to right up front.

In which case it would never reach the router/transports.

CAVEAT: I'm probably biased because OUR users have to ask the MailAdmin
to set an alias for them. They aren't enabled to do it themselves.

That way we can check if it is valid.

If they want to play independent random games with aliases that may or
may not exist, they can go off and run their own damn Mailserver.

JM2CW

Bill
--
韓家標