Re: [exim] Archiving Problems

Author: Todd Lyons
To: Dean Bishop
CC: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Archiving Problems
On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 3:46 AM, Dean Bishop <dbishop@???> wrote:
> I understand what's going on (you can't search a file that doesn't exist) but I can't seem to find the proper solution.  The line causing me trouble is in the incoming archiver and tests to ensure that the message is addressed to a locally held account/alias:
>
> local_parts = lsearch;${extract{5}{:}{${lookuppasswd{${lookup{$domain}lsearch*{/etc/userdomains}{$value}}}{$value}}}}/etc/$domain/passwd
>
> Is there a better way to test to ensure that the email account/alias exists that won't generate this sort of error?

The easiest way seems to be to go the manual route and make two copies
of the archiver. Have the first router detect if it's an alias and if
it is (you'll have to construct a "condition" statement that does this
for you), then don't do the passwd check above. Instead do a more
limited test to determine if the alias is valid. The second router
should basically detect if it's NOT an alias and then do the
local_parts test above.

Regards...      Todd
--
If Americans could eliminate sugary beverages, potatoes, white bread,
pasta, white rice and sugary snacks, we would wipe out almost all the