[exim] IP hearder checking for real time blacklist

Author: Kebba Foon
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] IP hearder checking for real time blacklist
Dear list,

I have been having an issues/concern with my mail server setup. because
MUA like outlook send along the IP of the originating client machine my
server tends to check this IP against the rbl sites, which i feel is not
right the checking has to be done on the outgoing mail server IP and not
the client sending the email. and recently i have been having similar
issues with the state.gov servers i can send emails without problems
from my mail server but some of our clients whose IP has been blacklist
cannot send emails to the same domain whiles their outgoing mail server
is configured to use my mail server.

well some of you might say why not ask the client to clean there
systems, this will be to much difficult as we an ISP with hundred's of
client and most of this IP's are behind huge NATed networks you can't
just tell them to "clean their network".

i will be happy if there is a way to strip of the client IP on my server
before further transmission to destination mail server. this way i will
have only the trouble of making sure my server is not blacklisted
anywhere.

Thanks
Kebba