Re: [pcre-dev] Internal errors and crashes with quantified …

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Graycode
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Internal errors and crashes with quantified subroutines
On Mon, 21 Nov 2011, Graycode wrote:

> You're quite welcome! Yesterday I was rummaging through the PCRE code
> trying to determine where the underlying problem was. I tried lots of
> changes but they generally just broke something and fixed nothing.
> So I am very curious, but have not yet seen your resolution show up
> in the on-line code repository at http://vcs.pcre.org/viewvc/code/

That's odd; I committed it before I posted the message.

Oh. Sorry. When I check, I see that I forgot, and *didn't* commit it.
Doh! I am definitely getting old. I have now committed it.

> I'm wondering if something like the following would address the issue.
> I'll probably patch our 8.13 until we're ready to commit to a newer
> version. The line numbers are based on the released 8.20 version.

Yes, I did the same, except that I invented a new error, and put the
test before the PUT, and in fact there is a third case as well.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel