Re: [pcre-dev] Internal errors and crashes with quantified …

Author: ND
To: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Internal errors and crashes with quantified subroutines
On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 17:17:40 +0400, Philip Hazel <ph10@???>
wrote:

> I have committed a fix; you may not
> like it ... it replaces the error above with "too many forward
> references".

Thanx for crash-fixing. I will try it.

> The solution is not to use forward references. Your pattern
> can be rewritten

The pattern that is workable in Perl (Perl sucsessfully matches
/(a)(?2){0,35000}?(b)/ for example) becames unworkable in PCRE. It's not
good news for me. But if compatibility CAN NOT be achieved than this may
be described in 'pcrecompat'.
But investigate please, is there a way to take away compatibility
immolation and make such patterns workable in PCRE.

> my failures were around 1999 as well

May be LINK_SIZE influences. My PCRE build uses --with-link-size=3

Best regards.