Re: [exim] Archiving Problems

Author: Todd Lyons
To: Dean Bishop
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Archiving Problems
On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 7:49 AM, Dean Bishop <dbishop@???> wrote:
>                In the configuration below the result is that messages
> sent to aliases are being processed twice by the outgoing_archiver
> router and this causes in duplication in the outgoing archive.  It also
> attempts to archive messages sent by an aliased address in a directory
> name which is based on the sender_address_local_part which is the alias
> rather than the actual account.  I've been at this for a couple of weeks
> but just cannot find a solution.

The issue is probably ordering. You are archiving the message first
with unseen, then processing how that message will actually get
delivered. If it's an aliased email, the alias router generates the
new email address(es) and re-runs that message through the routers,
starting at the top. If you think about this, that means you want
exim to NOT archive messages that are subject to expansion, but you DO
want exim to archive messages that are subject to local delivery or
remote delivery.

So the simple solution is to put the archiving router after the alias
expansion router and before the local delivery and remote delivery
routers (i.e. between them).

Regards...       Todd
--
If Americans could eliminate sugary beverages, potatoes, white bread,
pasta, white rice and sugary snacks, we would wipe out almost all the