[exim] Best way to copy incoming mails for specific domain t…

Author: Emmanuel Noobadmin
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Best way to copy incoming mails for specific domain to another server?
I'm trying to copy incoming emails for a specific domain to another
server for archival purposes.
e.g. mails to adam@??? needs to go to adam@???

The only method I've found so far that works is through the user of
the system filter, checking for matches in $h_to, $h_cc and $h_bcc
before doing a deliver unseen.

The problem with this is that I am not able to automatically copy the
email based on the user. I can only specify a single destination
mailbox for all users on that domain. Trying to use $local_part does
not work and the documentation seems to be saying that the information
is not available at this stage of delivery.

So I started looking at shadow transport but the documentation seems
to indicate that it cannot be use for remote delivery. Nevertheless, I
experimented and it seem to be possible to call a shadow transport
which uses the smtp driver. Except then I run into smtp authentication
problem where server1archive refuses to accept the email.

Somehow I feel like I am going about this the wrong way. I'd
appreciate it greatly if anybody point me in the right direction, or
is archiving on a per user basis simply not possible?