Re: [exim] acl_check_mail problem

Author: Dermot
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] acl_check_mail problem
On 5 October 2011 10:05, Phil Pennock <exim-users@???> wrote:
> On 2011-10-04 at 11:11 +0100, Dermot wrote:
>> We are currently suffering from a network outage on our leased line
>> and have attempted to fail-over to our secondary exim4 MX that sits on
>> a ADSL line but have hit a problem.
>>
>> The secondary server used to make callbacks to the primary for rcpt
>> authentication but something is stopping it from working. The primary
>> can be resolved from the secondary.
>
> Presumably the network outage of your primary is keeping the secondary

Yes, there certainly were problems relating to the callback but I had
hoped a bit of clever routing would get me round that.

>> The logs are full of the messages like these:
>>
>> unknown ACL verb "acl_check_mail" in "acl_check_mail"
>
> Sounds like someone's doubled a line somewhere, or otherwise pasted
> random junk into your Exim configuration.

It turned out that there were files missing from my - split - config.
I was missing quite a few. Here what I had:

40_exim4-config_check_data
10_local_acl
30_exim4-config_check_rcpt
20_exim4-config_whitelist_local_deny
00_exim4-config_header

Here's what I should have had:

20_exim4-config_whitelist_local_deny
30_exim4-config_check_mail
30_exim4-config_check_rcpt
40_exim4-config_check_data
20_exim4-config_local_deny_exceptions
10_local_acl
00_exim4-config_header

I have no idea where they went but once they were back in place, it
began to work as expected.
Thanks
Dp.