Re: [exim] Mysql support - no errors but checking compiled i…

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Graeme Fowler
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Mysql support - no errors but checking compiled in

On 29 Sep 2011, at 09:32, Graeme Fowler wrote:

> On Thu, 2011-09-29 at 07:17 +0100, Ron White wrote:
>> I've just put together a CentOS 6 server and installed Exim the lazy way
>> (yum install exim)
>
> Sounds like a packaging problem. As I can't find Exim in the CentOS 6
> source RPM repository

Exim is not in RHEL6 / CentOS 6. It is however in the EPEL repo
(derived from the Fedora project).

The package tree for that is at
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=exim.git

and the el6 branch used for EPEL is
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=exim.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/el6

Mysql support is pushed into the exim-mysql package - I'm willing to
bet that its using dynamically loadable lookups for that.

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham ------------------------------ nigel@??? ]
[                 Ellipsis Intangible Technologies                  ]