Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE 8.20-RC1 is available - Please Test

Author: Sheri
To: Herczeg Zoltán
CC: pcre-dev@exim.org
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE 8.20-RC1 is available - Please Test
On 9/13/2011 8:59 PM, Herczeg Zoltán wrote:
> Hi Sheri,
>
> thank you for testing JIT and providing feedback for us. (and thanks for everyone else as well who are spent their time on testing JIT). Since the JIT is more dependent on the platfrom than a generic C code there is a much higher probability of various platform dependent errors, and I can test only a limited number of systems. To make JIT work everywhere I really depend on you, guys!
>
> You are right the RunTest.bat was not updated. The strange thing is that its current state shouldn't call JIT at all since its support is totally missing from RunTest.bat and the basic tests does not force JIT compilation. This is true for forcing pcre_study. Could you send me the differences as well?
>
> pcre_jit_test isa different story. The failed entry should be { 0, 0, "ab$", "ab\r\n" } in the regression_test_cases array. Could you send me a static, debug, standalone binary (in privately) which contains only this failing test case? If there is no external library dependency, I could debug it on my machine.
>
> Regards,
> Zoltan

Hi Zoltan,

Regrettably I am not a programmer, so I don't know how much I will be
able to help you troubleshoot. I compile the shared libraries for use
with a freeware Windows utility program (Powerpro) while someone else
maintains the Powerpro plugin that uses the library. I could try
configuring and building static instead of shared libraries and produce
a pcre_jit_test.exe. If you want it to contain only one test case, could
you send me a properly edited source?

Also please let me know if you still need my RunTest output files, or if
you got my zip file forwarded from Philip.

Regards,
Sheri