Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE 8.20-RC1 is available - Please Test

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Herczeg Zoltán
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE 8.20-RC1 is available - Please Test
On Wed, 14 Sep 2011, Herczeg Zoltán wrote:

> You are right the RunTest.bat was not updated. The strange thing is
> that its current state shouldn't call JIT at all since its support is
> totally missing from RunTest.bat and the basic tests does not force
> JIT compilation. This is true for forcing pcre_study. Could you send
> me the differences as well?

You should have received Sheri's message via me; I forwarded it. You're
right about RunTest.bat; it shouldn't have triggered JIT at all. Only
tests 14 and 15 have JIT options actually in the testinput files, and
RunTest.bat doesn't at the moment call those tests. 14 should be run
when JIT support is enabled, and 15 when JIT support is not enabled.
This is a real mystery. As I have no access to any Windows machines, I
can't really help any more with this.

RunTest.bat just seems to run all the tests regardless, assuming that
PCRE is configured with full support for everything (UTF-8, Unicode
properties) and a link size of 2, whereas RunTest checks the
configuration and skips non-relevant tests. Does this matter?

Philip

--
Philip Hazel