Re: [exim] DATA ACL - Domain substitute ?

Author: Always Learning
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] DATA ACL - Domain substitute ?

Hi Bill,

> If it is triggered by sender, not message content, why not do it
> earlier- say in MESSAGE_FROM?

What ACL is that ?

I want to test various things in ACL Data. However I want to omit one
occasional email sender from some of the tests in ACL Data. Hence the
attempt to 'jump out' of ACL Data with a targeted accept.

> You can save a variable and use a list search against a flat file, as in:
>
> deny
>      condition   = ${lookup {$sender_address}wildlsearch{[~/bad_file]}

> Makes external changes easier:

Agreed. That is what I already do, right from Day 1. Like you write, no
restarts, just change the files and carry-on normally.

However I still have the problem of:-

        accept condition = ${if eq{$acl_m2}{alpha@???}}

not working. Is my syntax correct, do you know?

I can implement your suggestion:-

     condition = ${lookup {$sender_address}wildlsearch{[~/bad_file]}

later on.

> 4.63 is OLD even with extensive patches.
>
> Strongly recomend moving to a more current release, if not
> the latest, for both security AND functionality improvements.

I am conscious it is an old version and look forward to Centos 6.1 with
a later version of Exim including DKIM. The Centos team do a wonderful
job of applying all the patches so security should not be a problem.

Paul.