Re: [exim] DATA ACL - Domain substitute ?

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] DATA ACL - Domain substitute ?
Always Learning wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
>> If it is triggered by sender, not message content, why not do it
>> earlier- say in MESSAGE_FROM?
>
> What ACL is that ?

smtp mail_from AKA Exim's acl_smtp_from

AKA .. whatever you have 'mapped' it to.

> I want to test various things in ACL Data. However I want to omit one
> occasional email sender from some of the tests in ACL Data. Hence the
> attempt to 'jump out' of ACL Data with a targeted accept.
>
>> You can save a variable and use a list search against a flat file, as in:
>>
>> deny
>>       condition   = ${lookup {$sender_address}wildlsearch{[~/bad_file]}

>> Makes external changes easier:
>
> Agreed. That is what I already do, right from Day 1. Like you write, no
> restarts, just change the files and carry-on normally.
>
> However I still have the problem of:-
>
>          accept condition = ${if eq{$acl_m2}{alpha@???}}

> not working. Is my syntax correct, do you know?

See Mike's response.

One of the other possibilities has to do with the fact that an 'accept'
verb is 'temporary'.

If/as/when it is satisfied, the march continues. Later smtp phases or
acl clauses MAY also accept. Or may deny.

Acceptance only becomes final when all tests have been exhausted (see
also 'endpass').

A deny or defer class verb, OTOH is 'final' not temporary, as it acts
immediately to take down the session. No further clauses or session
phases are - or can be - traversed.

CAVEAT: I'm not SURE this is the reason you are not seeing what you
expect - but do have a look.

Life might be simpler if instead of an 'accept' you do a 'deny' on
!condition.

BFBI, but easier to trouble shoot, as WHATEVER is does, it does right
then and there, not later.

*snip*

Bill
--