Re: [exim] Rewriting address phrases

Author: Richard Clayton
To: Ian Cameron
CC: exim users, Ian Eiloart
Subject: Re: [exim] Rewriting address phrases
In message <E1QtezS-00035a-Ve@???>, Ian Cameron
<i.a.cameron@???> writes

>Well (and to answer Roger Burton West here too), I looked at RFC 2822 last
>week and have just checked again. Unless I'm reading it incorrectly, phrases
>containing dots should be quoted.

See #4.1 of RFC5322 (the discussion of obs-phrase)

>As far as I can see, most MUAs are pretty lax about this, so it's become
>acceptable. I'm not bothered about it, but unfortunately, my MUA is!

You should not be generating obs-phrases ... but the other end should be
accepting them ! You'll need to fix one end or the other.

- --
richard                                              Richard Clayton

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.         Benjamin Franklin